3 in one - combipress!
3 important advantages with our press fittings
The term “combipress” summarises three important advantages of using SANHA, all designed to make installations simpler.
1. Tool compatibility:
This means that up to 54 mm all original press profiles SA, V or M can be used for metal systems. For plastic, TH, B, F, H and U can be used for our new range. The benefit here is obvious - you can use your existing tooling for our products and be safe in the knowledge that the connection will work irrespective of the tool used. Please see our SANHA® installation guide for further details.
2. Push and Stay:
This means that during assembly of the connection, the friction within the fitting sealing ring retains and holds the pipe in place, prior to the press taking place. This is especially important when making connections over-head or on risers, which would be difficult to hold in place whilst using a press tool. Remember, as a precaution, to always mark the insertion depth on the pipe, using SANHA calibrated depth gauges. Push & Stay, allows the pipe connection to be carried much easier with one operative
3. Leak path protected:
This is a practical function which enables you to detect simply if connections have been left un-pressed. These will be detected either by a reduction in pressure under test, or a visible drip of water from the fitting. Therefore, you can be assured that any un-pressed connections will be detected prior to commissioning.
Technical requirements for tool compatibility
- The press tools must be maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines and the SANHA installation instructions must be adhered to
- The pressing tools up to and including 28 mm must have a minimum pressing force of 18 kN. (kilo-Newtons)
- For general applications and installation instructions please refer to the SANHA Installation manual or request installation training on tel. +44 (0) 1628 819245.
- The pressing tools from 35 mm up to and including 108 mm must have a minimum pressing force of 30 kN.
- For metallic fittings up to and including 54 mm diameter and using jaws and slings for press connections, the original press profile SA, M or V must be used.
- When using the M profile at dimensions 42 - 54 mm only press slings are to be used.
- For metallic fittings above 54 mm, slings used for the press connections must use the original press profile SA or M.
- For original “3fit-press” fittings for your plastic system, the TH profile should be used. For our 3fit-Press Pb-Free/PPSU piping system, press jaws with the original contours TH, B, F H and U can be used.
- The SANHA installation process as outlined in our SANHA Installation manual must be followed.
- When using press tools, all manufacturers' instructions must be used, particularly about the combination of components (jaws/tools) from different
- The combination of different manufactures' press tools may only be used with the express permission of the system designer.
- For special applications such as fire extinguisher systems, the SANHA combipress function does not apply. In these cases, only high-pressure tools may be used.
Please refer to the certificates and technical documents for the respective areas of application of the individual systems and their individual components as well as our installation instructions.